HomeAway Smartphone Photography Tips That Make Your Vacation Rental Listing Shine | Vacation Rental Marketing
- As we shoot we need to see the property through the eyes of our potential guests.
- Get your smartphone ready before you shoot. Make sure the lens is clean (fingerprints could compromise the sharpness of photos). Turn flash off and have a firm grip of the smartphone (mind your fingers on the frame).
- Let there be light. Choose the best time for shooting to get the best light available during the day („golden hour“ – an hour after sunrise or an hour before sunset). Hold the camera as still as possible especially in spaces with lower light. Remember the deatils (e.g. placing a few items on a table to make it more cozy and inviting).
- Be a straight shooter. Turn on the grid feature (see settings of your phone or camera application) to help you with the alignment (e.g. taking photos that are at 90 degree angles).
- Get your exposure right by using the exposure tool. Tapping on a specific area on the screen can tell your camera where to expose.
- Take advantage of the views. If they are special include them in your listing.
- It’s all in the details. Make sure, that all surfaces are clean before capturing the kitchen area. Including some cookbooks and flowers will add warmth to the images. It’s important to take photos of all the bedrooms. Set up each room to be as welcoming as possible.
- Change your viewpoint. Shoot from corners to maximize the sense of space. Try to shoot from different heights than eye level (low or high level).
- Shoot as wide as possible (shoot landscape by holding the smartphone horizontally, avoid portrait).
(Sources: via @homeaway – Get full details at https://youtu.be/jZHBuPyIXBI | via @homeaway – http://productupdates.homeaway.com/post/2017/2/3/7-smartphone-photography-tips-that-make-your-listings-shine )