Marketing Psychology Hacks For Accomodation Providers To Increase Direct Bookings | Ferienwohnung Kurzzeitwohnung Webseite
- Social Proof: People view behavior correct if other people are doing it. Showcase how many travelers have already booked your property. Demonstrate social proof by showcasing relevant guest testimonials on your hotel or vacation rental website.
- Scarcity: Humans consider scarce objects more valuable. Showcase a limited time offer throughout the online booking process (e.g. „Only 12 hours left for reduced rates!“).
- Create a sense of Urgency. People will reduce time to consider alternatives (e.g. Countdown Timer – „Rate guaranteed for 10 minutes“).
- Anchoring: The way how rates are presented can help persuade consumers that they are getting a great deal (e.g. „Regular rate“ – slashed; lower rate below).
- Trust & Risk Mitigation: Eliminate any doubts that potential guests might have about completing an online booking with your holiday home (e.g. „Secure booking“, „No deposit required“).
- Note: Booking.com is often referenced as one example in the travel industry (Hotels, Vacation Rentals), that is doing it right ….
(Source: via @FuelTravel – Get the full story at http://www.fueltravel.com/blog/marketing-psychology-hacks-for-hotels/ )