Key Content Elements For Your Vacation Rental Website | Ferienwohnung Homepage
- About Us Page: Introduce yourself to your guests. Give people a quick introduction of who you are and of what your place is all about. The „About Us“ page helps to establish trust with your potential guests. If you don’t want to get too personal, you could focus more on the guest experience (what you have to offer – top service, personal touch, tips, constant contact etc.). Sharing photos of yourself would be a nice touch.
- Destination Page: Show, that you know your area. Answer questions, that your guests might have about the trip before they even book (educate people about the destination). Give guests a quick plan (itinerary) of what they can do once they arrive at your vacation rental (post booking). Offer a few insider tips (beaches, restaurants, free WiFi etc.) a guest wouldn’t get by just picking up a guide book or visiting a tourism site. Visualize how the vacation rental is positioned in comparison to nearby attractions (beaches etc.). Aim to link back directly to your property (eg. when you talk about snorkeling & diving in the area, mention that snorkles are available for the guest at your vacation rental), so it becomes more of an actual experience staying at your property, rather than just a generic description about the area itself.
- Shareable Assets: Something, that people can share on social media (eg. infographics, itinerary of a sample weekend at your destination, blog posts regarding vacation rental studies/trends in the vacation rental industry etc.).
- Concise Homepage: Provide quick information so that people immediately know who you are and what you’re doing. Do mention your destination and vacation rental in there quite often (SEO). Consider using Call-to-Actions (eg. check availability & rates) – design the homepage to guide visitors to an action. Offer an easily digestable quantity of information as well as the opportunity to dive into further details for those users who want to know more.
- Proof: Some sort of proof of the experience you’re offering to your guests (Reviews and Testimonials, that give a validation to your vacation rental: TripAdvisor, HomeAway, Airbnb etc.). Consider integrating a TripAdvisor-Badge. Run social media campaigns with your own vacation rental business hashtag (eg. on instagram) and ask people to tag photos of themselves at the vacation rental …
(Source: via @GuestHook – Get the full story at https://guesthook.com/5-key-pieces-webinar-friday/ )