Key Principles Vacation Rental Owners Ought To Follow When Working With OTAs | FeWo-Marketing Online-Reiseportale
- Complete your profile (description, amenities, business hours, phone numbers, rates, high quality images etc.).
- Take the necessary time to manage inventory (rate parity). Consider using a channel manager (helps you to manage multiple channels from a single platform).
- Push promotions on OTA sites. Travelers consider these channels as an important resource for seeking last minute deals.
- Respond to reviews (comments, questions) on OTA sites (consumers will trust reviews on such platforms).
- Consider paid tactics even with limited resources (eg. cost-per-click campaign). Measure campaign performance with insightful analytics and steer efforts towards successful promotions.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket! Make sure you won’t rely soley on OTAs. Have a transactional website and a digital marketing strategy to drive traffic to your website.
- The commission paid out to OTAs is an advertising investment. Don’t expect overnight success.
- Don’t forget to gather client emails and contact details for future communication with your guests (becomes more challenging if you rely too much on OTA distribution) …
(Source: via @skift – Get the full story at https://edu.skift.com/dos-donts-working-otas/ )