Mistakes that could hurt your Hospitality Website Revenue | Ferienwohnung Ferienhaus Website Homepage
- Make it easy for your visitors to contact you and discover your exact location. Provide your phone number on the top of your home page and don’t just bury it in your footer.
- Don’t put music on your website. Anything that autoplays on your website (music, videos) might harm website conversion.
- Avoid cannibalizing your website traffic by helping your visitors to leave your site via external links (like shiny social media icons). Guide potential guests from social media channels to your site, not vice versa.
- Don’t forget to uncheck the “Show suggested videos when the video finishes”-Box when you’re embedding YouTube videos on your website (note: otherwise your competitor’s videos could start showing up).
- Bad photography can ruin your hospitality website (as well as your OTA listings). Organize a photo shoot to get unique, high-quality photos that cover the full spectrum of your location and seasonality.
- PDFs are awful when it comes to usability, especially on your mobile phone. HTML it instead.
- Don’t ask for too much information in your contact form. „The number of questions asked in a contact form is inversely proportional to the number of people who will fill out that form and convert.“
- Don’t confuse your visitors with a frustrating booking experience (bad booking engine). They might instead use an Online Travel Agent (OTA) that lets them book the accomodation efficiently.
- Make sure your most profitable revenue channel is more than just a pretty face. Usability beats trends ….
(via @phocuswire – Get the full story at https://www.phocuswire.com/Top-10-mistakes-hotel-websites-make-with-design-and-usability )