Online Marketing for Vacation Rentals - Guide for Beginners | FeWo-Besitzer Ferienwohnung Ferienhaus Kurzzeitmiete Vermarktung
- Benefits of Internet Marketing: Through your own vacation rental website, listing sites and Google Ads you’re able to distribute information regarding your holiday home much more widely than offline (boosting sales). It enables homeowners to have real-time interactions with their potential guests (communicating changes to the vacation rental etc.). Using online market research (surveys, polls, forms) vacation rental owners can learn a lot about their guests (improving service, interior design etc.). You’ll have fewer costs (confirming direct bookings via instant messaging or email – saving printing and postage expenses). It helps you build your brand and to stand out from the crowds in a saturated market.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Techniques to improve the organic ranking of your vacation rental (to show up first in Google, Bing etc. by choosing the right domain name, meta-tags etc.).
- Social Media Marketing: Using social networks, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. to generate more traffic to your vacation rental website. Furthermore, social media can be used to communicate in real-time with potential and existing clients (customer service etc.).
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing): Gaining website traffic paying for ads on search engines (Google AdWords etc.).
- Content Marketing: Positioning vacation rental owners as experts by creating and publishing valuable content. Starting a blog would be an easy way to position your website in terms of SEO (using specific keywords) and to boost traffic to your vacation rental website.
- Affiliate Marketing: Using your vacation rental website to refer (link) a user to other products or service providers in your neighborhood (guided tour, car rental, boat trip etc.) in order to gain a commission.
- Email Marketing: Contacting customers directly in their inbox still sees a remarkable return on investment. Emails are used to subtly persuade repeat bookings through valuable content. It’s pretty cheap and it’s rather easy to measure success …
(Source: via @Lodgify – http://blog.lodgify.com/vacation-rental-online-marketing )