Social Media - An Important Tool When Travellers Choose Their Destination | Reiseziel FeWo-Marketing
- Social Media is affecting every stage of the traveler’s journey, from dreaming and planning to experience.
- Travellers are exposed to a huge amount of travel options (flights, accomodation, experiences etc.) on social media.
- 76 % of travelers post their vacation photos to social networks.
- Social Media causes FOMO („fear of missing out“ – a phobia for users who are exposed to their „friends“ best moments). As an accomodation provider (Vacation Rental, B&B, Hotel) you should consider utilizing FOMO by showing all your „not to be missed“ accomodation and destination characteristics on your social media accounts in order to increase bookings.
- Social Media is a Travel Inspiration Generator. 52 % of Facebook users say that friend’s photos inspired travel plans. Pinterest alone has over 1000 boards titled „travel inspiration“ and you can find over 3 billion travel related ideas.
- Planning is a crucial stage to win potential guests over. As an accomodation provider you need to make sure you are an available option on social media allowing potential guests to easily book with you (e.g. integrating your booking engine on Facebook).
(Source: via @LittleHotelier – Get full details at https://www.littlehotelier.com/r/hotel-marketing-tips/social-media/social-media-bnb-guests-destination/ )