Use Social Media to Build Your Vacation Rental Brand | Ferienwohnung Ferienhaus Markenbildung
- Social media for the vacation rental industry is about building a trusted brand.
- Promote your vacation rental brand in a fun, non-salesman way.
- Post interesting content in order to engage your audience. If your fans never click „like“ or never comment on your posts, Facebook is going to show less and less of your content to your potential guests (as a result of the newsfeed algorithm).
- An interesting strategy could be to post guest reviews (user generated content) about your vacation rental (consider a paid campaign).
- A strong social media presence with interactions from users does help with SEO. Search engines use „social signals“ in their algorithms.
- There is definitely a place on social media for promoting your vacation rental, but do it in the paid channel portions, not the regular wall posts.
- Facebook Ads do work in the vacation rental industry, but more for brand recognition than anything else.
- Consider spending some money for remarketing. Facebook remarketing ads will display on the Facebook feed after potential guests have visited your vacation rental website (drive users to a specific page on your vacation rental website, such as „New Rentals“ or „Why we rock as a vacation rental company“).
(Source: via @VRMIntel – Get the full story at http://www.vrmintel.com/using-social-media-build-brand/ )