User Generated Content And Vacation Rental Marketing | Ferienwohnung Social Media
- These days it is crucial for vacation rental owners to showcase/sell experiences (not accomodation features). This can be done through visual content (e.g. capturing the view, locals, sunsets, cocktails etc.). Visual experiences created and shared by your guests (e.g. images, videos) are called user generated content.
- Shared experiences do have a considerable influence on your guest’s buying process. Travelers don’t have to rely any more on what a brand (accomodation provider) tells them.
- Getting travelers to share their „instagrammable moments“ while they’re staying in your holiday home is an excellent way to attract the attention of potential vacation rental guests (authentic and trustworthy content).
- Feature this type of visual reviews on your vacation rental website as well as on your social media channels (after asking your guests for permission).
- Consider reaching out to (micro-)influencers (e.g. travel bloggers) and ask them to personally review your holiday experience. First research their reach and followers. Afterwards start following the top influencers in your target market. Like, share and retweet their posts to your followers. Recommend them as expert travel bloggers to your followers. Once you’ve built a rapport offer them a stay in your vacation rental. Influencers take photos (videos) of everything (airport, plane, arrival, accomodation etc.) so that their followers feel like they’re travelling with them.
- Don’t forget to showcase the experience together with a „call to action“ (e.g. visit your vacation rental website, book your holiday home, subscribe to aour newsletter etc.).
- Tip: Vertical images and video are experienced better on mobile devices.
(Source: via @RentalTonic – Get full details at http://rentaltonic.com/user-generated-content-holiday-rental-marketing/ )