Vacation Rental Metasearch Engines | Metasuchmaschinen Ferienwohnung Ferienhaus Kurzzeitmiete
- Metasearch Engines become more and more embedded in the rental space (e.g. HomeToGo, Alltherooms).
- A meta search engine pulls data from multiple sources (e.g. OTAs) to provide searchers a better and more comprehensive overview.
- The whole idea of metasearch is comparative pricing.
- Clicking on a property redirects to the corresponding vacation rental website.
- In most cases metasearch engines will charge vacation rental owners a fee for a click through to the originating website (pay per click). As more and more vacation rentals are instantly bookable „revenue share“ could be considered as an alternative option (note: many vacation rental owners still struggle to get real time data delivery going). Being a booking site themselves, metasearch engines will have to compete with their major suppliers.
- As the environment is very competitive, metasearch engines spend a lot of money on marketing (PPC) to drive traffic to their sites. Metasearch engines and OTAs are creating marketing silos at the top of search engine result pages (SERPs).
(Source: via @rentivo – Get full details at https://www.rentivo.com/blog/metasearch-engines-vacation-rentals/ )