Voice Search And Its Influence On The Hospitality Sector | Sprachsuche FeWo-Marketing Ferienhaus Kurzzeitmiete
- Most players in the hospitality industry (except a few with a strong brand name like Airbnb) heavily rely on search engines for most of their website traffic.
- Currently there are two major trends in search, that should be watched closely in order to benefit from new opportunities. Voice search and local search.
- Brands must optimize for users that interact with the web primarily through mobile devices.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs – light weight mobile pages, that load fast and can be cached on Google’s servers) will soon contribute to Google’s ranking factors (higher rankings on SERPs) and better mobile experiences.
- Many users (especially younger demographics) are making search queries using their voice. Voice assistants (e.g. OK Google, Cortana, Alexa) have made voice as a search interface.
- Search queries become more natural, longer, and conversational when users interact with search engines via their voices. The content on hospitality websites (e.g. vacation rental websites) should satisfy this trend (e.g. optimization for longer keywords; creation of FAQ sections; consider including voice recordings, that describe the content of a specific page in the page’s meta files).
- Voice search might also increase the number of local searches (e.g. „show me a vacation rental near me“).
(Source: via @phocuswire – Learn more: https://www.phocuswire.com/Voice-search-and-its-impact-on-the-travel-industry)