WordPress - A Website Content Management System For Accomodation Providers | Ferienwohnung Homepage
- WordPress is a powerful open-source software, that has brought website content management to everybody.
- It’s an enterprise-grade CMS, that powers lots of renowned websites (e.g. The New York Times, BBC America) and that is used by a lot of governments across the world. WordPress CMS is a great solution for hospitality businesses (vacation rentals, B&Bs, hotels). Multiple WordPress developers offer accomodation providers ready-made designs (customizable free and paid themes) as well as industry specific functionalities (e.g. reservation plugins).
- WordPress is affordable (compared to proprietary software) and it gives you the option to edit (customize) all content fully visually with no coding required.
- Several WordPress reservation plugins come with built-in e-commerce tools (e.g. payment gateways) so that you can offer your guests to pay online for your accomodation.
- SEO will increasingly be key in your fight against OTAs. WordPress is an extremely SEO-friendly platform, that gives you full control over website optimization (plugins for advanced SEO).
- What about drawbacks? For newbies it may take some time to get familiar with the dashboard. Vacation rental owners who distribute their holiday home to multiple OTAs will have to look for a plugin or additional software that provides a multi-channel connection to avoid double bookings.
- One way to start your hospitality website (e.g. vacation rental website) on WordPress is to choose any theme and to install a booking plugin. Make sure your reservation plugin is multilingual (already translated, translation ready), that it offers your prefered payment methods, that you can customize pricing (seasonal rates, discounts etc.) and that iCal synchronization is available (to connect your property to OTAs).
- WordPress is a progressive and sustainable Content Managment System (CMS) with a great community (and free knowledgebases) behind it.
(Source: via @tnooz – Get full details at https://www.tnooz.com/article/wordpress-for-hotels-an-effective-alternative-to-increase-direct-bookings/ )