How To Set Up Your New Vacation Rental Listing For Long Lasting Success | Ferienwohnungsinserat FeWo-Buchungsportal
- Secure a high ranking for your vacation rental on at least one major listing site (e.g. Airbnb, Vrbo/HomeAway). This way your holiday home will be viewed and booked more.
- New listings are given a place among established properties to prove their worth in the market („Grace Period“). The first 4-8 weeks (might vary by listing site and area) will be extremely important for determining your vacation rental’s placement.
- It’s essential to have a high rate of conversion (number of times an accomodation was booked divided by the number of times it was viewed).
- Don’t start before you’re ready to create a professional-looking listing (get at least 24 professionally-taken photos, display each of the rooms in your photos, prepare yourself to respond immediately to inquiries, write a compelling listing description and prepare a headline that includes the location and valuable amenities).
- Start with lower-than-average rates. You still don’t have any reviews and potential guests don’t know, whether your vacation rental is worth booking yet. Many travelers might opt for an unproven holiday home because of its outstanding nightly rate.
- Consider raising your rates after you’ve received a couple of 5-star guest reviews (partly because of the excellent value for money). You’re now one of the tried-and-tested vacation rental owners.
(Source: via @EvolveVRN – Get full details at https://blog.evolvevacationrental.com/the-proven-formula-for-a-higher-listing-site-ranking/ )