Vacation Rental Marketing With Instagram | Ferienwohnung Marketing Social Media
- Instagram is very popular with travelers. They are heavily interested in seeing and sharing vacation images and videos. Potential guests trust social media travel content more than traditional travel advertising.
- Your images should especially focus on guest experience (not only on property features). Strive to elicit emotion through visual content.
- Instagram allows you to easily filter and edit your images. Try to remain transparent and authentic as your guests most likely will upload their own property photos (you want the experiences to closely align).
- Consider recording and posting a few short video clips of your vacation rental, common areas, neighborhood and local events.
- Use the instant video option „Stories“ to showcase fleeting live moments (e.g. sunset view and/or beach view from your vacation rental) and include a link to your vacation rental website to generate traffic. Stories will be temporarily shown on the top of your audience home pages before they disappear forever.
- Instagram allows travelers to search for vacation topics using „hashtags“. Include location-based hashtags in your post descriptions. Promote your preferrred hastags as well as your social media handles (e.g. leave a note on the dining table) and invite guests to tag you in their posts.
- Although Instagram posts don’t include clickable links, you could mention your website address in your post descriptions (engaged users might copy & paste it to their browsers).
- It is recommended responding to guests, when they tag your profile (e.g. „Thank you for posting!“) as this could foster loyalty.
- Curating guest content also increases engagement. It might be a good idea to ask guests, whether you can repost their photos on your Instagram account.
(Source: via @kigoapp – Get full details at https://www.kigo.net/blog/vacation-rental-marketing-with-instagram-how-to-create-your-visual-voice/ )