Create An Appropriate Hashtag For Your Vacation Rental Business | Social Media Marketing Ferienwohnung Ferienhaus Kurzzeitmiete
- Hashtags are a great way to engage with guests (before and after they become your clients) and to promote your vacation rental.
- Hashtags have expanded across many online communities.
- Twitter users started using hashtags in order to organize (categorize content) and find conversations they were looking for.
- Instagram is where hashtags go wild (users add as many as 30).
- Although hashtags were introduced lately to Facebook too, it’s recommended to not use them in a spammy manner (max. 2 per post).
- Strive to create a catchy hashtag for your brand. Your business‘ name might be an appropriate starting point. If your businesss has got a common name, you could also add your location or use a tagline instead.
- You’ll want to use a unique hashtag for your vacation rental. Search for your potential hashtag on mayor channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Google+ etc.) to see, whether it’s already used by somone else.
- Make sure your hashtag isn’t used to promote anything controversial. Check, that words can’t be read differently (like Chose Spain’s hashtag – #chosespain).
- Create some content around your hashtag before launching it. Promote your hashtag on your vacation rental website (e.g. about page) and social media channels. Add it to images („watermark“) and to your print materials.
- Consider adopting trending hashtags, that are relevant to your vacation rental business (e.g. hastags used by your local tourism organization – #visitaustria).
(Source: via @Checkfront – Get full details at https://www.checkfront.com/how-to-create-a-popular-hashtag-for-your-tourism-business )