How to choose your Vacation Rental Domain | Ferienwohnung Online-Marketing
- Research potential search terms (Google Keyword Planner etc.) and make a list of relevant keywords/phrases, that have a good search volume to competition ratio.
- Create a memorable brand for your vacation rental website. Consider a partial match domain, which contains at least one keyword (destination name etc.).
- Short domain names are easier to remember, to type and to spell out on the phone.
- Use an appropriate extension according to your target market (global „.com“ vs. specific country „.de“ etc.).
- Find out, if a domain has ever been used before (and for which purposes).
- Stick with your main domain for the long term and avoid switching domains because of potential costs (branding, guest recall, SEO etc.) …
(Source: via @Lodgify http://blog.lodgify.com/vacation-rental-domain-name )