How To Market Your Vacation Rental With Instagram Stories | Ferienwohnung Social Media Marketing
- Instagram Stories lets the user post a series of images and videos that play as a slideshow and disappear after 24 hours.
- This type of communication is a lot more casual than traditional forms of marketing.
- Although every story is only 24 hours online, users can save the videos and images on their phones. This way they can share them on other social media channels as well.
- While users can’t „like“ or leave comments, they can send the accomodation provider a private message. Furthermore Instagram offers you the possibility to add links to your stories to drive potential guests to your vacation rental website (booking page).
- Instagram Stories allows you to showcase the human elements of your brand (behind-the-scenes images, day-to-day life). In this context you can make use of numerous helpful resources (emoticons, filters, fonts, lines etc.). Reveal your business’s human aspects (e.g. staff activities, lively areas with lots of people and action, minimally edited home videos etc.). Upload light-hearted themes that entertain your followers (instead of corporate information).
- Make your posts feel personal. Use emoticons and casual phrases (written over the image).
- Post fequently (ideally every day). This way you’ll increase the chance, that your vacation rental logo will be displayed at the top of your follower’s screen when they log in to Instagram.
- Activate the messaging feature in order to be able to receive and to respond to private messages.
- Track user engagement. Analyse who’s looking at your posts and which content is the most successful.
- Share your best Instagram Stories as permanent posts on your instagram account (add descriptions and hashtags).
- Strive to build social-media alliances with influencers by mentioning them in your stories („@“-symbol followed by the name of the account).
- Consider using the Boomerang app to create mini videos that play backwards and forwards (e.g. culinary- and cocktail-themed posts).
- Broadcast live videos of special moments and events.
- Learn from other accomodation providers (hoteliers, vacation rental owners).
(Sources: @trivagoHM_usa – Get full details at http://hotelmanager-blog.trivago.com/en-us/instagram-stories-hotel-marketing/ | via @instagram)