How To Maximize Your Property's Pinterest Presence | Ferienunterkunft Social Media Marketing
- Using Pinterest, one of the top social networks, will generate traffic to your hospitality website (e.g. vacation rental website) and give you the opportunity to increase your direct bookings.
- Pinterest is the perfect place for visuals (topics like Traveling, Weddings etc. are very popular on the network).
- Set up a Pinterest brand page that reflects your website. Use data (analytics) and your knowledge to build an imaginary person (customer persona) before you create your social profile.
- Upload your logo as your profile image (brand awareness).
- Fill in all your details (business name, location etc.). Add your website address and verify it (enables Pinterest analytics). Write down a short bio (160 words) and let potential guests know what to expect from following you.
- Create the right boards (add good board names, descriptions and categories). Boards are an integral part of Pinterest marketing. All your Pins are added to boards. People can follow all your boards or just one or two of them. Boards should be on topics that interest your audience and can be tied to your property (e.g. wedding, local scenery, food, breakfast, offers and discounts). Create group boards to boost engagement (invite other pinners to contribute pins).
- Pin frequently if you want more followers and engagement (consider Pinterest scheduling tools). Pin images directly from your website (e.g. vacation rental website) to get more traffic.
- Create attractive Pinterest images (e.g. photos of your property, infographics). Tall images perform well (recommended image aspect ratio of 2:3 or 1:3.5). A study found, that images that are reddish-orange get roughly twice as many repins than images that are blue. Add a few words (attractive text) to the image.
- Make sure your hospitality website is ready for Pinterest (consider adding Pin-It buttons as well as Pinterest follow buttons).
(Source: via @NetAffinity – Get full details at https://blog.netaffinity.com/pinterest-hotels-everything-need-know/ )