Most Common SEO Mistakes From The Hospitality Industry | Suchmaschinenoptimierung Urlaubsunterkunftsbranche
- Slow Website: It will be difficult for your brand (Vacation Rental, B&B, Hotel) to rank high in SERPs (search engine result pages), if your accomodation site is too slow to load. Make sure to optimize the images on your vacation rental website.
- Non-Mobile Friendly Website: Google will introduce a mobile-first index in 2017 prioritizing mobile over desktop. You will need a responsive website to be ready for the mobile-first world. Otherwise it will be almost impossible to achieve a high ranking in a Google SERP.
- Little Content: For pages with less than 500 words it will be difficult to get a good page rank on Google. Accomodation websites are designed to be visual. But it’s also important to create written content.
- Keyword Stuffing: Don’t include your target keyword as many times as possible on a single page. Optimize for users, not for search engines. Include your target keywords but only if it makes sense in context of a specific page.
- No Link Building: Many accomodation providers don’t perform any kind of link building. The more trusted sites link to your vacation rental site, the higher your brand will be ranked in Google SERPs. Look for partnerships with local businesses and organizations and create quality content.
- Missing Image Alt Tags: Image Alt Tags are used to describe images. Search engines use alt text to determine what a specific image depicts. It’s also a good place to include your target keyword. Furthermore alt tags are used by text readers for the visually impaired.
(Source: via @screenpilot – Get full details at https://screenpilot.com/2017/10/6-common-seo-mistakes-hospitality-industry/ )